CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

England Take Two

Ok lets try this again. Every time I start to blog the boys wake up, so let us keep our fingers crossed. So back to England. On Sunday, yes Sunday, we went to Stonehenge. That was really beautiful. It was out in the middle of the countryside with nothing around. It was very quiet and peaceful.


I am sure you would rather see just the stones, but you get Micah and I also. ;) This was just about 20 minutes from where we were staying in Winchester. We stayed in Winchester until Friday afternoon. Then we drove to London and stayed until Sunday. London was a big city. It was fun to be at some of the places you see on TV, like Buckingham Place. I must say it is smaller in person. hehe We went on a double decker bus tour around London. We went on the London Eye, which is a giant ferris wheel. Except you are enclosed in a bubble thing.
You can see all of London. It was amazing and a bit scary. Here is a pic of Big Ben from the London Eye.



So highlight of the trip (hehehe) was what we woke up to on Sunday morning, the day we were to fly home. And let me remind you that I was really ready to go home.




Yes that is SNOW!!!! So after we drove to the airport and waiting around for two hours, the canceled our flight. ugg... That was the time of my second (well maybe more) breakdown. But it all worked out. IBM paid for us to say in the Marriot and we flow out the next day with no delays.

So we are home and after a week, I am back to normal. Well it is still hard to stay wake past ten pm. But all in all it was a good trip. I am glad we were able to go. I may even go again, as long as Micah doesn't have to work all day. ;)

6 comments:

The Easton Family said...

I sent you an e-mail last week... I'll try to resend it (merobison@gmail.com, right?)

Ashlie said...

I didn't know you guys went to England. How cool! Did your boys actually pull the mattress off their bed? I'm impressed!

The Jensen Family said...

I'm glad that you are blogging! The pictures are so cute. Let me know if you need any help. I even got Shaun involved and he learned how to read some of the code so I could change things the way I wanted!

The Easton Family said...

Hey! Cute new layout! I sent you that email, hopefully it worked this time. I meant to ask--what's Micah's sister Becky up to?

kristin said...

What's this breakdown you mentioned? Dirt- that's what I want! That's the stuff blogs are made of! Just kidding. Seriously though, the trip looked like fun. Me and Doug are dying to go one day. Keep posting away. Loved the pics of stonehendge(spelling?)

Amanda said...

Elisha! hi, how are you? i found your blog through melissa's...isn't the internet great?! I also entered this blogging world recently =). Well, I just wanted to say hi, and tell you your family is so adorable! also, that is so exciting you went to England, i'm jealous. I hope all is well! it would be great to hear from you sometime =).
Amanda (Webb) Bateman