CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Big Boy Beds

Yippee!! The beds have arrived. I can't believe my babies are in big boy beds. It is hard to believe they are 2 1/2 years old. Boy, how time flies. The beds are beautiful. Well I think they are anyway. Here are some pics, you can decide for yourselves. ;) Just don't mind the blanket covering the window and the lake of comforters. The blanket is to try and get the boys to sleep in longer in the morning. That doesn't work. And have you looked at how much a quilt or comforter is for a twin bed lately. Wow!! So we will wait until winter when they will need one. ;)












Now that we have two twin beds in the room, it has gotten a whole lot smaller. Can't even get into the closet without climbing on the bed first. Oh well, they look good. ;)

5 comments:

kristin said...

Totally cute! Don't feel bad. My boys don't have comforters either. There's is the last room I'll do since I'm still working on the girls'. They are expensive! I'm working on making my own duvet covers for the girls, but the duvets alone are a couple hundred...a piece! Kids are just so darn expensive!!

shauna said...

We have tried everything to get the girls sleep longer. I think kids are just built to wake up at 6:30 regardless! We tried, curtains, blind, a fan for noise...nothing. Someone suggested foil to cover your windows but I haven't tried that yet. Your post was funny because we are also looking for bedding but it is just too much money. Plus my kids don't really care...it is more for me than them to have cute comforters. Still, I keep looking for a good deal.

The Jensen Family said...

I hope the boys like them enough to actually sleep in them instead of playing! Good luck!

Marci said...

It is such a big step to move into a "big boy" bed! Now they are officially boys instead of baby boys!

Jaimee said...

Elisha, your boys' beds are really cute. It's a big step: the big-boy-bed! Congrats and hope the transition goes well! Mine needed a gate across the doorway for a few months to keep them in the room. I discovered that: new freedom=too much fun!